I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

"On your marks"

"On your marks, get set, go!" as I heard those words my heart raised and I sprinted across the grassy path and stomped my feet as hard as I could. "Don't stop now." I thought. I was coming 4th. Nearly passing the people in front of me. "COME ON!" I thought in my head. My stomach was feeling heavier and heavier by the second. I closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

I opened my eyes again and saw I was coming 1st. "Yes!" I exclaimed. I checked behind me and saw I was way ahead of the others. This is amazing, very amazing! "I can't stop now," I whispered to myself. The finish line wasn't far now, so close. Just then, I started slowing down. I was exhausted. Someone passed me. "No," I thought. Before I could get to the finish, he did. I passed the finish line and I was done. I came 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.